
What is adult food anyway?!So when do we determine when a 13.5 month old can or cannot eat certain foods. They're at the in between age i tell you. They're old enough to eat pretty much everything (depending on some parents though.. I know some will freak when they see nate chomping on a chicken drumlet at this age.) I choose to take it as it comes. I don't think i can protect Nate from fried foods or fatty foods forever but i believe in the concept of " Everything in Moderation."Right now, Nate has reached the stage where he wants to do what we do. He wants to eat what we eat and is very insistant. Nate has always been a kid where he grasps concepts quickly but the execution is still rather rough due to the lack of psycho-motor skills.
On the first day of January, Nate decided he does not like porridge anymore! Absolutely not!So we started him on rice.He loves pasta, speghetti, beef lagsana and mash potatoes. He even loves roasted garlic and cous cous with golden rasins.He's healthier than I in the sense that he loves Whole-meal bread, and i'm not talking about the soft grain type. He likes that horse food stuff.
On the first day of January, Nate decided he does not like porridge anymore! Absolutely not!So we started him on rice.He loves pasta, speghetti, beef lagsana and mash potatoes. He even loves roasted garlic and cous cous with golden rasins.He's healthier than I in the sense that he loves Whole-meal bread, and i'm not talking about the soft grain type. He likes that horse food stuff.
I'm cracking my brain now thinking up receipies to keep the little person satisfied. I'm grateful however that he loves to eat.I'm still avoiding the crustacians at the moment, honey and nuts.This is the time where i'm really thankful that TC, his Singapore-based godma got me an excellent read titled: " the petit appetit cookbook" by Lisa Barnes. It is informative, educational and has some wonderful receipies in there. Time to do some studying...

2 comments:
Hi maye-e! Yeap, I agree that moderation is key. I used to be like a hawk, eyeing everything the elder one takes, now with Adam, it's whatever goes!! As long as it's food. I'd rather the kids experience tasting different foods, so I usually encourage them to try. They don't like it, then it's fine. I've heard that you need to taste something 14 times before you know for sure you like it or not.
welcome to smelly poo! with all the stuff he's eating, it's going to smell really 'nice'! heheh. it's good that his appetite is good. that's what matters.
Post a Comment