Friday, December 08, 2006

Nathanael Tan Wen An

Yes. We finally decided on a chinese name.
WOOOoooHHHooooooooooooooooooooooo.
It's Nathanael Tan Wen An which is translated to mean refined and settled/contented. Though i admit he hasn't really started writing his novel, pausing for many hours with quiet questioning and wanting his own space, not to be disturbed - which I used to joke about when people asked me how I was going to cope with that little crying bundle - I still believe that people do grow into their names (;
*****pray pray pray.... novel novel novel.... a trilogy would be grand***** ha i wish.
I think it sounds pretty decent seeing that his mother is a Chinese "O"-level graduate with a C5 grading, coming from a school whose students were known to have 4 lungs and not a very big chinese language vocabulary, and who up to secondary 4 would name her composition characters Xiao Ming and Xiao Hua; and father who... actually come to think of it, I don't think i've heard him speak chinese much at all.
So there.
I guess we'll only know when comments start coming in during his Primary one registration in 6 years.

No comments: