Friday, October 19, 2007

notes #11

One more month and Nate turns a year old.
I must admit I have been away most of this month. I'm writing these notes from a hotel room in Kuala Lumpur where i'm supposed to be covering the MotorGP over the weekend. The decision for me to come here was made just about 24hrs ago and in a couple of hours i will be out on the Sepang Circuit baking my self under the hot blazing sun. All this of course is very possible only because i have a very supportive family and there's nothing more important in the world than Family.


Nate's been talking a lot. Well, actually babbling. He wakes up in the morning and stares at me and terence and talks and talks and talks. Occasionally raising his voice and tapping me on the face to wake me up. All this i know because i peep from the corner of my eye. I try to sneak in a couple more minutes everyday as he sometimes falls back asleep when he sees everyone still asleep - but that doesn't happen so often.


Apart from the usual,
He's standing with support and is crawling at super speed.

He squeals alot when he's happy or when trying to get your attention.

He still loves dancing to music and will stop whatever he is doing to bob to a certain tune.

He's attended his first funeral, the funeral of my grandfather.



He's been warded in hospital for two nights where he was stuck to a drip for the first time in his life as well.

He's been taken care of by his father in the absense of his mother for extended periods of time.

He loves soap bubbles and finds great joy in watching them burst.

He eats chicken and brown rice porridge.

He's really growing quick.

All this is just part of life and growing up.

I'm still so humbled by his whole existance in this world. I guess i'll continue to feel this way for a very long time.

2 comments:

S said...

Hope Nate's feeling better now. :)

sharoNG
ilovetomuse.blogspot.com

Joan said...

Heya, hope Nate's doing fine! Heard about the pox. :(