People write journals to remember things, to understand things or to process journeys they go through. I do it in pictures. Sometimes it seems insensitive for me to make pictures out of certain moments but it's my way of communication. Memories capture in tiny rectangular boxes do it for me because words just aren't enough. The interesting thing that happens with pictures is that they change their meaning everytime you look at them. As you get older, you process these images differently. So the story isn't told to you; but it's how you decide to interprete it and allows for change as well.
click here to see the rest of the album
click here to see the rest of the albumHere's one of them. I wasn't sad or heartbroken.
I'm not sure why. Maybe i've become insensitive over the years.
I'm not sure why. Maybe i've become insensitive over the years.
It was just something i knew anyone had to go through. And it was actually quite funny at some points when Nate was dressed like a doll. Maybe he'll appreciate the humour and see it for himself.

3 comments:
Hi there, I've been an occasional visitor here ever since I chanced upon your blog awhile back. Sorry that Nate had to be warded recently, it is really heart wrenching to see your photos of him in hospital on multiply. On the positive side, imho Dr Terence Tan is a wonderful PD to have had looking after Nate. All the best!
hi, maye-e!
haha, i share your "insensitivity"... but the kids enjoyed having their monumental moment captured in pix - see link :
http://hopematters.blogspot.com/2007/08/school-health-visit.html .
hope nate's feeling better now.
cheers,
sharoNG
ilovetomuse.blogspot.com
hey maye-e... chanced upon your blog from arlina's blog. i finally found you! FIRST TIME for me to see nate after that visit i paid looong time ago....take care.... i'll be bk in sg mid-nov....am now week 31!
Post a Comment