Sunday, November 04, 2007

Chicken Pox

So after all that guess work, Nate did have the Chicken Pox in the end.
He started showing signs of the pox on Oct. 21, which was a Saturday and it was a good thing he started taking medication early. Apparently the number of blistering pox would have doubled and he would have suffered the full blown effects of it if he hadn't done so.
Phew.
The result of early detection ended up with him just experiencing a week of pox and very quick scarring. Now he's all clear and Dr. Tan has given him the green light to return to his infant care center.
That trip to the Pead turned out to be quite an ironic one. I thought we'd gone to get nate checked out but I ended up being the one to get jabbed in the arm. This was done to hopefully prevent me from breaking out into the pox; or if I were to get it; I'd get a really mild outbreak.

I was so worried earlier that i would have gotten the Chicken Pox. I've never had it, and I found it really funny that everyone that hears that i've never gotten it yet is shocked. I get the "What???!! You mean you never had the Pox before?" where a very confused Maye-e would then answer: "Ur ya. Never" which will then give me a response like: " In your life?" which will lead to my answer (still confused): " Ya. Why ah?"

Anyway, I'm glad it's over because there are so many things to do, and so many beaches to go too. It's about time the Nate got well so that we can hang out again.
yay.
Thanks for your well wishes and prayers.
**Apparently there's something wrong with you if you hadn't caught the pox yet. It's supposed to be a part of the 101 childhood viruses to catch. (: gee well, i've gotten the measels before. Does that count?

2 comments:

Manic Mummy said...

Hey! I've never gotten the pox before, too. And I never will - because I did a test and I'm immune! So you're not alone!

Anonymous said...

yoz.. found your blog..

and no worries. i got chicken pox last June.. at the apparently old age of 27 years old.

pple were giving the same reaction.. "huh?? u never had it before ah? how come leh??"..

haha.. it was one of the darkest weeks of my life (up to now)..