Nate's nearly 12 months old which is a big relief for me so i can just say he's one year old when people ask me how old he is. I'm done with the "he's xx.5months old" now or "xx month in 2 weeks time" type of answers. It also means that we're one year closer to being able to hang out by the beach or go play outside and kick a ball around the field. I can't wait. Turning one however, means that he'll be celebrating his first birthday ever - not counting the 1st month celebrations. I feel this compelling pressure to do something fun. I think it's self inflicted but i feel like childrens' birthday celebrations should be colorful and happy and noisy with smiles everywhere. Trust the die-hard romantic in me to come up with a criteria like that.
Whilst planning, i realise it's a little hard to plan the firs birthday. Nate's too young to play games or run around the house with his friends - of which i think he doesn't have many yet. The party attendees would be made up by most of Terence's and my friends from work. Which translates to jaded photographers who know how to have fun as long as there's booze on the table.
Then there are my church friends whom i hope will not be offended by our crude nature of photographers (my church friends are cool they drink beer and karoke occasionally and are not out to try to convert everyone and anyone who walks by them) But still, these photographers including me are very rude and crude sometimes. God bless me, and them.
Of course there is another concern : Venue.
Do you have it at home or outside?
How much would it cost?
Who would I invite and what time of day would be good.
Oops another consideration is to make sure i host this party on a day before the19th because us Chinese people believe that it is bad luck to celebrate a person's birthday after his/her actual birth date. Another thing I have to take into consideration is the start of the Asean Summit on the 16th of this month. Boy.
How did a simple get together become so complicated?
But then again its a celebration of LIFE.
Oh Boy.

3 comments:
The kids grow so fast, don't they?
I want to kidnap him!! *so cuteee!*
We went through the same thing with Clare's first birthday. At least when she turns 2, the guests can be made up of her friends instead of being a mini wedding dinner all over again.
Great party btw, though I must say the pinata bit should be rated PG for kids :)
Post a Comment