On Saturday, nate got elbowed by his father who was sleeping next to him. I didn't hear any loud thumps or slamming doors so when he suddenly yelled out in tears, I was worried. Normally you can expect the loud cries and shrieks after a thump or slam... This just happened suddenly. When I looked at nate, I saw blood flowing out like a tap from his right nostril which started to look even scarier when the blood flowed into his mouth and spread around his teeth."Ok this looks like a bloody mess - no punn intended- and he couldn't have broken his nose cause he already has a FLAT nose." I kept telling myself. I was not panicking or worried but I was just wondering what I would do.I remember a doctor once telling me that when you have nose bleeds, don't lean back because you will choke from the backflow of blood. So i just pressed nate's nose. The horrible part was when i let it go and he would breathe out and blood would splatter everywhere.
Anyway, there was no big drama but the place did look a little like a murder scene eventually. I asked him 10 minutes later how he felt and if his nose hurt and his reply: "OUCH MY LEG" a very confused me realised later that I was sitting on his foot.
He also said that his blood looked liked "James" Which is a red tank engine from Thomas and Friends.
Children are tougher than we think. He got over that one well.
Children are tougher than we think. He got over that one well.

No comments:
Post a Comment