
Yesterday, Nate followed my to an assignment, which was pretty casual so they didn't mind me taking Nate along since it was enroute to school.He managed to watch the Vets from Jurong Bird Park free a Honey Buzzard bird into the wild after rehabilitating it for several months. As we were leaving, I buckled him up into his seat and shut the door... cruised over to my front driver's seat when he started to call out to me in a slightly breathless tone. He started asking me about something I didn't quite understand and pointing towards the door next to him, on his left. He kept saying: "My ... mommy.. mommy, my my my, my, ..." and at this point I thought that the had dropped his sweet and later on saw that he was holding it, went on to wonder if it was a toy that had been dropped between his seat and the door. Suddenly he said in a slightly distressed tone: "My hand.. my my my my hand...."I raced out of my seat and opened his door.. realizing that I had slam the door shut on his fingers. It was white and didn't seem broken. I checked to see that all his digits were intact and he started to scream his heart out. I let him continue, to let it all out. Then I took him out and carried him, apologising profusely. Then I asked him if he wanted to pray to God to make it better and he did. He repeated line after line after line in his distress. "Dear God, please take care of me,Please help heal my hand and have mercy on me.
Dear Lord, please also help take away the pain and help me forgive mommy.
I Pray all these things in Jesus name, Amen."I was very heartened that he prayed every line despite the sharp pains.Later on, he was calm and children being children, he started to laugh and joke about things with me again. Of course I felt so much guilt. My heart was a little more crushed than his tiny finger.Later on when I picked him up from school, I asked if he was feeling better and he said Yes! He said that "God helped him."I was very happy to help reinforce and hope that by pointing out that he had prayed earlier, that this would strengthen and grow his faith in Him.Nate's a real trooper and thank God for small mercies in our daily life. Nothing is too small for Him.
1 comment:
Maye-e!
i saw some of your YOG pictures on boston.com. damn awesome! =D you disappeared on fb?
anyway, it's always nice to read about nate's adventures (or misadventures). =)
you guys take care!
-Zi Hao
Post a Comment