Just a post before this, I was writing about being reflective and appreciating the tough love our parents showed us. I felt that in return i'd have to practise some form of patience with Nate. HA. How we fail and cave into our human nature and reactions towards tougher situations. As of right now, i'm having a very challenging time. Feeling frustrated every morning, because I have to deal with a screaming kid, throwing tantrums, hitting me, kicking me, and almost not afraid of the cane to some extent (let me qualify that I haven't really used it yet). It makes it all harder to feel that the sacrifice of my freedom of choosing when to wake up, where to go, and what to do, whenever I want too, is for a good thing _ my child. If he was loving and less hyper-active and demanding, maybe it wouldn't be that hard. I really hope that this is just a phase or so they call it. The "Terrible Twos". Argh. I'm always feeling a little guilty about not gushing over him and feeling all lovey dovey but i'm just keeping it real. It can be hard sometimes. Let's tough this one out.... need. to. zen...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I guess most kids go through this stage. Some worst than the others. They are beginning to see themselves as an "individual" and constantly testing boundaries. I have to consistently squat and stare Adam in the eye to make him do things. My poor knees. And sometimes it doesn't work. I think my neighbours must be thinking I'm this loud screaming mad woman, but I can't help it at times. Just chant this mantra, it's a phase, it's a phase...
Oh what joy!! I've got all these adventures to look forward to...can't wait....not! Thanks for the word up ladies ; )
Post a Comment