Friday, March 02, 2007

Nate goes to School



can you spot nate in the picture above?
first day in school and he's already lazing around!
Not having ever tried my hand at parenting til Nate came along, the idea of putting this little babe into infant care was very foreign and scary. I started from ground zero, no one i knew could suggest a suitable place so terence and I knew we had to go with prayer and gut feelings. (:

Praise God for his blessings, we found an infant-care center (after alot of research and phone calls and visitng different places) near my office that is affordable. Infant care centers usually start their fees from $800-$1000 but with subsidies from the government and a little creative use of the baby bonus we now receive thanks to MCYS which by the way has a very very useful site which you can visit to look for CCC (childcare centers) all over the island, we found the perfect place, that we can afford. (It's unbelievable what i'm paying for the kind of care Nate is getting.. really devine intervention)
I was very apprehensive and wondering if i was supposed to feel guilty about the whole thing. However I knew I didn't have a choice. Plus I saw that the infants and toddlers in the school were very happy and bright. Most of them start walking much earlier and they receive stimulation all the time; something which I cannot provide (only cause i'm alone and human) at home if I didn't work. That was very encouraging for the heart.
Terence and I knew that Del-care was the place for Nate the moment we visited the place. Jeanette who is the founder is a very hands on and experienced principal. She not only founded the place, she helps out at the center and is the most patient person around. Plus after a visit to the next CCC possibility, we were even more sure. Proximity was a winner as it's just across the Ap and I can visit and BFeed him anytime i want. Hours are from 1130-1930hrs for afternoon half day which works awesome for me too. However, I being I, had to have a clearer sign. I was not in the clearest state of mind to make decisions which will affect Nate's future, being all stress and tired. I told the Man up there that i needed a sure sign that I was making the right decision. So I rang Jeanette up and asked her what I had to do to enrol Nate.
She asked for Nate's name and when I told her it was Nathanael, she asked if we were Christian. And I said yes. And asked her in return if she was. She said with excitement that she was and that Del-care was a Christian based run CCC.
Immediately I felt a sense of peace.
I knew God was in control. And then suddenly I stopped worrying. Amen. (: So many things worked out fine including school fees which was almost an impossible feat for me at this point. Unbelievable but very lovable.
So Nate's been going to school for the past 3 days and will be off again tomorrow. The infant teachers are great. He's even got his own little group and seems very sociable when I brought him to church today and placed him in the "cry room" upstairs. He started looking and calling out to other babies and smiling and talking to other mothers. I hope this is all the effects of him gaining socialising skills.
I'm so excited and i can't wait till tomorrow where we can go to school again!

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

I miss my Lil natey baby!!