Happy 4 months on this earth to Nate
Unfortunately for nate (hahah - unfortuNATEly ..duh) ok as i was saying, unfortunately for nate, he ushered in his 4th month with a prescribtion of medication. Poor boy was diagnosed with the cold and cough and has to take 2 types of oral medications. Plus I was instructed to treat his eczema with Desowen cream + another stronger dose of something else which can only be used for 2 days, sparingly because it contains quite a high dosage of steriods. But I need to do it because he's itching all over and gets really irritable and can't sleep.

nate notices the cat and the cat notices nate now
Sleeping patterns which were established since his second month have gone for a holiday now that he is ill, getting up every 2-3 hours in the night. Very trying for me, as I too am sick. Ironic thing is, Nate didn't catch this cold from infant care. He caught it at home. But oh well, better sooner than later. So we're all sick at home and i'm trying to get well trying to work and nurse him and treat a slight case of mastitis on my right side, and tend to grumpy nate all at the same time. Challenging.
On a slightly more positive note.
On a slightly more positive note.

he likes his "bir-bbit" (looks like a bird and rabbit but is neither)
Nate has started to grab things intentionally with his hands, loves looking and wiggling his toes, and loves rubbing his feet together especially when excited! I'm surprised he hasn't started his own little camp fire from rubbing them together.
Vanity is gonna kick in soon too now that he has discovered the mirror.Though i read in some books that he doesn't have any idea that he's looking at himself yet. How strange. He's started the nasty habit of watching the tele.

chillin with the old folks
I guess we all have this in built radar which senses the flickering box by the window sill from a young age. It seems to entertain him and he loves watching Larry King Live on CNN and American Idol to date.

serious when watching the news
He's talking a lot more than before, smiling alot more as well and has many more expressions to show off. Sometimes expressions are coupled with vocal suggestions can be stressful but you get the occasional laughter and chuckle which I welcome ALL the time.
I'm honestly getting a little fatigue from breast feeding and pumping milk. It's beneficial but very time consuming and obstructing when i'm out on the field on assignment. I've got enough milk to last him till June this year for every single feed he needs so i'm really tempted to stop right now.
All the time i spend expressing milk, I think I could have learnt a new skill or language. My colleague suggested in reply to my thoughts, that i should take up swaheelee or soemthing. Play a tape, while you're pumping. Ha

fits right in at the Ap office
Nate's a darling and i'm being Challenged very very intensively this month. I'm ill and my soul is weary. The heart is willing and patient but the body and mind needs encouragement. I'm about to surrender but i'm just waiting for this phase to pass. Phase i hope.
I still Love my baby but i'm just very tired and sometimes I have no energy to show it.
I still Love my baby but i'm just very tired and sometimes I have no energy to show it.
curious about his daddy's dinner
It's still however very very exciting watching Nate develop all his different skills and Thank God he's cradle cap is nearly non existant. I'm checking his head every other minute (getting a bit obsessive compulsive)
I still love his infant care center and the people that love him too. Family and School.
Let's see what next month brings!
Praise God for yet another month.


1 comment:
hi maye! this is tracy...u have the CUTEST little baby!!!! he's very placid and so serious.. i think he's gona be a child prodigy!
See you around when I head back from China sometime.
Post a Comment